Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I'm NOT a good patient

I admit it --- I'm not good at being sick.  I just have no patience for it.  Things to do, places to go.  C'mon people, we're here to live, right?

So, when I thought what were allergies hit me last Wednesday, I took a typical allergy medication and moved on with my life.  By Sunday night, I was pretty sure this wasn't just an allergy attack, and Monday afternoon -- it took me down.  Fever, chills, major yuckiness.  My doctor wasn't available, so I went to a local "Doc-in-the-Box."  I won't give you details, but he tested me for the flu (turned out negative) and prescribed Tamiflu anyway, Tylenol, and told me to go to bed.  By that point, I knew I had no choice.  

My blood sugar was high; it always goes up when I'm sick.  Does that happen to you (the diabetics out in cyberspace)?

I guess diabetes just complicates the issue.  Water, water, everywhere.  That's about all I could do.  The thought of eating was nauseating.  (I know, I know -- you have to eat!)  Finally, I forced toast; it's all I could keep down.  Any port in a storm, I guess.  Any suggestions????

Feeling sorry for myself and hoping tomorrow will be better.  Believe me, I know, in the scheme of things, this is nothing.  But when you're in it --- ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment