Sunday, June 21, 2015

Success! "I Don't Like Chocolate Anymore"


Yesterday was rough.  Last night I had a conversation with my daughter; we discussed my struggle with junk food.  She suggested that I tell myself, "I don't like chocolate anymore." I laughed; like it's that easy. We laughed some more and moved on to another topic.

A few hours later, I started to think about our conversation. Why not try it? I looked in the mirror and I said out loud, "I DON'T like chocolate anymore!" Then, I said it again, and again, and again, three more times.  I went to sleep.

Today's another Day One.  I started out with a blood sugar of 116, pre-breakfast, and post-bkfst = 107.  As I got dressed, I repeatedly told myself, "I don't like chocolate anymore." Calmly, I kept repeatedly saying this to myself. My brain was absorbing these words, and I felt good about it. 

Went to the theatre, a matinee, today.  On the train, I slipped into a seat with a friend and looked up.  Further down on the end wall was a large poster with a picture of a bunch of nuts. (Did you think I was going to say YODELS?) The caption above the picture read, New York is full of nuts!"  We laughed, and I told her about my Yodel incident on the train.  We were seated at the opposite end of the train, and as we were talking to each other, I had my back to that wall.  After a while, I turned and what do you think was next to me, plastered on the wall? A gigantic poster of, yep -- a Yodels ad.  Bright orange background with two "highly-polished," cream-filled, chocolate delights, staring right at me. The caption read, "YES, PLEASE. Listen to Your Craving." We both burst out laughing; I clicked a photo and turned away from it, because -- "I don't like chocolate anymore."

My pre-dinner blood sugar was a beautiful 95. We walked in the city today, so that, in addition to eating the right foods/portions, probably helped to bring it down. 

I am one happy lady tonight.           :)

No comments:

Post a Comment