Saturday, May 30, 2015

I Ate the Fish, Before the Fish Ate Me!

It's 4:45 p.m. -- so far, so good.  I'd call this day a success.

Walked ( a short one, I admit) first thing this morning, then moved on to an appropriate breakfast.  Still need to try an egg white omelet.  I have a sensitivity to eggs -- they make me sick.  Someone told me that, if you're allergic to eggs, it's really the yolk that's getting to you.  I need a day that's not planned, so that I'll be home and can give it a shot.  I'll do it.  The protein will serve me well and I can add veggies.

For today, breakfast and lunch were good. 1/2 an apple was the snack between breakfast and lunch.  I'm having an early dinner, as I have to go out by 6:30.  So swordfish it is!

I'm cooking it in my trusty grill pan, as we "speak."  LOVE my grill pan! I sprayed a little olive oil on the pan, plopped that sucker in, added a squeeze of lemon and some Chesapeake Bay Seafood seasoning, and let it do its thing on a low flame for a bit.  

Have you ever experimented with herbs and spices?  Great fun.  Penzey Spices is where I get mine.  The place is amazing, and you can get them online too.  I went to the store once with a friend, and got addicted to the place.  They just have SO MUCH, and the salespeople know everything there is to know about their products. They make great gifts, too.  I bought some for my sister-in-law, and now she buys from their catalog.  Yep, she's hooked.   She's a wonderful cook, and loves the variety they have.  I digress -- have to check on the fish.

Added some more of those sumptuous ingredients listed above, flipped it, and it's grilling slowly.  Almost ready.  Gazing into the pan now, there's no guilt about my rage yesterday.  I guess it's easier to be one with my fish not staring into his eyes.

It's ready, and so am I.  My swordfish is sharing the plate with a small, naked (no butter or sour cream) baked potato with a squeeze of lemon, a serving of carrots and string beans.  

Yep -- so far, so good.  Hope you enjoy your healthy meal as much as I am.  

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment