Thursday, June 4, 2015

ANOTHER Day One!


I can do this -- one day at a time!  It seems, that's the only way I can do it.  But, that's o.k.

Last night I walked with my good friend (and "walking buddy"), Maureen.  We usually walk for about an hour.  Not too fast, not too slow, just right.  It's great for the endorphins and for lowering my blood sugar.  We shoot the breeze and walk, walk, walk.

I've joined gyms, got pumped-up about it, and POOF!  Fizzled out.
I accept that I'll never be a gym rat; it's just not going to happen.  Frankly, I don't see the allure.  For those of you who are into it, BRAVO!  Keep at it.  Me?  I'm going to stick to my walking.  It works for me, also helps to get rid of that blasted belly fat.  Lord knows, I need to work on that.  

When I was first diagnosed with T-2, they told me to exercise.  Walking worked for me then, and it still fills the bill.  My goal is to walk both in the morning and evening.  I haven't been successful at both, YET.  But, I'm getting there.  Yep, one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I am a walker too, It is the one movement I can enjoy anywhere and anytime, I usually walking first thing in the morning and try to walk a few evenings when I can, the heat here in Florida some days can be a deterrent on those days I'll go to the gym, I had a heart attack in 2011 so I try not to miss my walks but I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in with your walking, Deb! When I was diagnosed, the diabetes educator told me that walking was the best thing I could do for myself. I believe she was right.
      That heart attack probably gave you a giant "wake-up call." I have atrial fibrillation, so I'm desperately trying to be "fair" to my heart. That translates to doing the "right" thing. We deserve it, right?

      Delete